Thursday, July 21, 2011

Will I Ever Learn?

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

This is a scripture passage that I have memorized and replayed in my head many times over the years…yet HOW do I so often forget to apply it to my life?  It’s ridiculous, really.  I can so quickly go from being calm and collected and proclaiming God’s hand on my life to being overcome with fret and worry about a situation that arises.  Only last night, I felt like all was lost, my situation was too impossible.  Impossible for who?  Impossible for me?  Yeah, maybe.  Impossible for God?  Not at all!  Yet I had to go through a total onslaught of desperate emotions instead of trusting in the Lord from the get-go.  It’s not as if He’s never answered a prayer, it isn’t like He doesn’t see us in our need and know this mom’s heart.  He is ever-present and He loves His children!  And He loves “our” children even more than we love them!  If He lays a heavy burden on our heart for our kids in a particular area, He didn’t do it to tease us!  It’s time to say, “yes” to God and allow peace and trust to overtake our hearts.  I’m praising Him in advance for how He WILL work out this situation and I’ll be testifying on here about it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment